Porcelain Dental Crowns
Have you cracked, broken, or chipped a tooth? No matter how careful we tend to be, or even how well we take care of our smiles, problems often happen. Regardless of why your tooth or teeth have become damaged, we have a great option available to help you restore both functionality and appearance.
Dental crowns are one of the best dental repair options available today. A tooth crown, also called a cap, is a custom crafted restoration that completely covers a tooth, helping to repair and strengthen it.
REASONS FOR A DENTAL CROWN INCLUDE:
- Root canal therapy | After root canal therapy has been completed, usually the original tooth will need a dental crown to protect the repaired tooth.
- Large cavities| If a cavity gets large enough that it compromises the strength of your tooth, getting a dental crown is a great option to restore your tooth back to functionality.
- Failed fillings | Having an old filling fail and harm your tooth is an unfortunate reality for many people. By using a crown, we can help repair the tooth, and restore both its appearance and ability to function properly.
- Cosmetic Issues | If you have a discolored or misshapen tooth, getting a dental crown can make your tooth look and feel more natural.
- Cracked, broken or chipped teeth | Having teeth that are cracked, broken or chipped can prove to be embarrassing and reduce your ability to eat the foods you love. Tooth crowns can help get these damaged teeth back into shape.
Dr. Alex and his staff use beautiful porcelain crowns that have the appearance and functionality of natural teeth. Porcelain crowns are strong and durable, and do not require special care beyond good dental hygiene.
A brief animation depicting the preparation for and application of a dental crown.
Have questions about dental crowns and what our porcelain crowns can do for you? Call us today at our Athens office! Dr. Alex and his staff are eager to talk to you about dental crowns to patients in the Watkinsville, Jefferson and Monroe, GA.